Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Seeing the Light

The quality of the light here in Santa Fe is unique, direct and amazingly beautiful in all seasons. It offers challenges to photographers as well as fantastic rewards. For that reason I'm offering a workshop throughout the summer, on demand, sort of, for a discussion of how it differs from the light almost anywhere else in the U.S. We'll talk about the art of seeing, as opposed to how we think we see and for those who are interested I'll walk around Santa Fe with cameras in hand and actually take pictures along with you. This is your chance to see if you can beat the pro. One person, so far, has come very close. (the challenge is on.)

Here is a little known secret. Tell me that you found me on the Creative Tourism website (www.SantaFeCreativeTourism.org) and I'll give you a huge discount on the cost of the one and two day workshops. Don't tell anyone... Okay, tell everyone. It's not about the price of the workshop but it's more about the joy I get from meeting new folks and talking photography with them.

I gave a talk during the 2010 spring break here in Santa Fe. Even the most serious photographers in attendance claimed to have had an "A-ha" moment.

Call before you visit Santa Fe to arrange for your own workshop with a Fine Art Photo Illustrator, me. 505 983-6021 or email me at Dave@ShutterAndBrushFineArt.com

If you're interested in fine art photography rather than just scenic, let me know. That's where the real fun begins.

Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My wife & I just recently enjoyed a photography workshop with Dave Robinson. We are rather green to D-SLR photography, but have the desire to break away from Point & Shoot and AutoFocus. He was patient and easy going. He knows his craft and is passionate about photography. In his workshop, he gives you the tools and knowledge to use light in your photos. If you have the ability absorb lessons like a sponge, he can impart a vast amount of knowledge in a short amount of time. It was like drinking from a fire hose. Just the way we like it. We highly recommend his workshop. Thanks Dave. Happy Picture Taking!
Theo & Lisa Marie Sterling Heights, Michigan 11/24/2010